[iframe src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/odxClc3vOoo” height=”360″ width=”640″]
Self Repair for the Ipad Home Button
Before you read this an easier solution for your ipad repair is to just bring it up to our repair facility in Beachwood Place Mall we can have it fixed for you relatively cheap and you even get a warranty. This option is better than possibly damaging your ipad trying to do it yourself.
The iPad Home Button is a switch that is buried at the center bottom of an iPad. This button is found at the front and is round in shape. Its main function is to wake up the iPad. This button helps the usesr to return to the main screen when using some apps. It also helps when switching to the multitasking panels. This works when one double clicks on it. You will therefore find use with the home button on your iPad 2. However, when the button gets unresponsive, or simply ceases to work, then you may get frustrated. This may tempt one to get an immediate replacement of the tablet. However, fixing a faulty Home Button is a simple that can be carried out by everyone. This might not even be a serious problem. The button may need only recalibration.
To carry this, you may follow the below steps;
· Start any application onto your iPad. For instance, your notes.
· Then press the power button till the red slider does appear.
· Keep this button pressed till the red slider off disappears. This may take about thirty seconds
· Confirm if the home button is working. If not, do a repeat of the process.
This way, the button functions will get restored. If this does not help, then you should follow the below steps.
· Ensure the iPad is at least half charged when you are using it. The problem could be due to insufficient power.
· Hold the iPad at your front in a landscape mode.
· Press and hold home button while at the same time rotating the tablet to portrait mode.
· Let go of the button and press once more.
· Wait for the response
· Repeat the process severally, putting the iPad on a flat surface and rotating it.
· If there is a response, recalibrate the home button
Sometimes the unresponsiveness of your tablet’s home button could be due to its sticking to a dirty frame. This way, it will cease to move at all. Therefore, it is advised to try the following procedure.
Firstly, the tablet should be turned off. Then a couple of alcohol drops should be rubbed on the rim of this button. It should be pressed repeatedly and gently. The alcohol dissolves any residue that may be impeding the movement of this button. This solvent will finally evaporate and leave your button in a good working order.
The virtual home button should always be used as much as possible. This will prevent any wear. Proper care of the home button is essential. Regular wiping with an organic solvent helps dislodge and sort of blocking. In case the button does not respond to all the above processes, them you should take to a professional.